If you are looking for a nutritious vegan meal, check out our recipe for a delicious tofu scramble below! This meal is rich in iron and calcium as well as high in protein.
- ¼ block of extra firm tofu
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Start by heating some olive oil over medium heat
- Mash up your tofu with a fork (it easier if you cut it into cubes first)
- Add tofu to pan and cook until it just starts to turn golden
- Mince garlic and add tofu
- Add in your spices and mix (add the cayenne pepper if you like a little heat)
- Add in cherry tomatoes, spinach, or whatever else you normally like in your scrambles!
Recipe by: Madison Pongon